View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 08:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
You know what would be great? It'd be great if you didn't copy/paste what appears to be your entire website when you make a new entry. That would be great.

I don't generally call out language use when the writer is clearly not using his native language, especially when I am not more than marginal in any other language, but this is nearly incomprehensible in many places, and repeating it as many times as you have over the years - without changing a word - doesn't improve matters.

It's not state of the art. The earliest date on this contraption puts it at 1990.

The video cuts away from the part of the letter from Caterpillar in which the engineering department person says "I don't think your design would be applicable for our use." That was a very polite way of saying "we think it's pointless."

I'm struggling to make sense of this thing. It appears to be a supercharger that is also a vacuum pump. Can anyone set me straight if I have missed the mark? I like to think I'm a fairly smart guy but I know there's people way smarter than me on this forum who probably have been able to make more sense of this doohickey.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.

Last edited by elhigh; 12-31-2017 at 08:13 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
samwichse (01-08-2019)