View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #312 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Hey, is that beetle yours? Beautiful. What is the roof rack extension for?
Surfboards? Love that yellow, whit, and chrome on the wheels. Man I miss my Mom's '75 bug. My brother had a '60 and a '62 for years.

Four or five coats of plasti is a lot. I could try that. It sure would be fun to have superior clean looking wheels to contrast the rotting (not linseed oiled) paint job on my civic.

UV stabilized clear coat will protect. I used some to patch flaking clear coat on my wife's still very clean 2010 subaru. I used Eastwood's activated spray can clear coat ("spray gun in a can"). Eastwood claims this: " Eastwood automotive clear coat protects against weathering, ultraviolet rays and everyday wear, leaving your car with a long-lasting, beautifully deep, finish."

...so after patch I cleaned the yellow on hers and my headlights and sprayed them too... Eight months later and all still crystal.

EDIT: JUST NOTICED THIS product on the Eastwood site: https://www.eastwood.com/elastiwrap-...CABEgJ7oPD_BwE
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 01-13-2018 at 01:19 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
freebeard (01-13-2018)