View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 02:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMHondaGuy View Post
But see that's the dependency on tech I'm talking about. Say the GPS / nav system breaks and then what? No one now days no one carries or hell even knows how to read a ****ing map. It's so bad now that a LOT of people, if they don't have their smart phone or vehicles nav system can't find a place a couple cities over.
Humanity has been dependent on tech since we started swinging sticks in anger. GPS, cameras, and cell phones are all just modern tools, and it make sense that people are more trained on the technology of their day than the technology of the past.

I don't know how to use any of the tools in the Woodwright's Shop, but that's because electricity was invented and made peddle-powered lathes obsolete.

To summarize my comments, the government probably doesn't need to mandate backup cameras because they are so useful that people will demand them even in their Mitsubishi Mirage (worst car in the world). I added one to my 2006 Acura TSX. The camera cost $10 and was fairly easy to integrate with the existing NAV screen.

I don't like government intervention, but requiring such cheap safety equipment is small beans compared to the other crap they mandate. Ever notice how many TSA agents there are confiscating toothpaste and juice at airports? You pay $5.60 each flight for that privilege.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 01-16-2018 at 02:08 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Xist (01-16-2018)