View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #315 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Hi Folks!

It's been some time since I last posted in this thread.

For the Kawasaki, I never got around to actually installing the NiHM batteries in the bike. I happened upon a dead Vectrix electric motorcycle, which is a big scooter design. I fixed that up with used Nissan Leaf cells and rode it 1,276 miles AROUND Lake Michigan!

So, I ended up making the jump to a bike with lithium batteries, fast charging, regenerative brakes, and even reverse gear!

I ended up removing all the EV components from the Kawasaki, and selling the frame. It was very bitter-sweet. The Kawasaki was the project that started it all for me, leading to building the electric Geo Metro and into other projects like installing a 6.24 kW Photovoltaic Solar Array on my garage. I'll probably re-use the guts of the motorcycle to power a mini-bike.

The reason why I'm posting again is to let everyone know that I've converted everything I did on the bike to YouTube.

I made an instructional DVD, teaching how I built the bike, step-by-step. The entire contents of that DVD are now on YouTube for you to watch, in full, and for free!

Please enjoy watching it. If you know anyone interested in getting started with an electric motorcycle conversion, please let them know. Share the heck out of it - Faceplace, Tweeter, Pictogram, or whatever the most popular social media is right now!

Here's the playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vhxPkLKW0b_mfk

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos
The Following User Says Thank You to bennelson For This Useful Post:
Daox (01-23-2018)