View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 11:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Since I'm not even in the U.S. I'm going to abstain from voting this poll, but I might still give my opinion from a Brazilian perspective.
That's the idea, I wanted to see if there was an actual interest for more expensive street 125s. Considering this is a hypermiling forum, and there isn't a huge amount of people voting yes, it makes me realize the sad truth that 125's like the ones I want are a 14 year wait away.

Quote:
I must confess I'd rather ride some 125cc motorcycle instead of a Harley. Well, at least a Honda CG 125 is more reliable
Same, but having never ridden a harley before I wouldn't be against trying one out. They actually offer small displacement(for them) v-twin bikes, the Street 500 and Street 750, and they are very reasonably priced too!

Quote:
Had it been legal to ride a 125cc motorcycle within a certain maximum power limit with a regular car driving license there, like it's done in France, Portugal and Spain, I'm sure there would be more market opportunities for those bikes there.
Well, i'm going to have to say I don't support that idea for three reasons.

1. I don't believe in limiting power for engine sizes, 125s are easily capable of more than 15 horsepower.

2. The 125s I want are rather expensive for what you get, if someone wants something cheap, they can get a grom.

3. I got to witness clueless people riding scooters(probably 50cc) just outside the sand dunes in Michigan. Aside from being hilarious, it was terrifying. Their sheer ineptitude in operating such underpowered vehicles does not give me hope. You have to remember this is Merica', where motorcycles aren't an everyday thing for most of the population. So lots of people don't know how to ride motorcycles. Letting them ride even 125cc bikes without any sort of motorcycle training would only end badly. Plus it isn't that hard to get your motorcycle license here in Merica', and when you do have it, you can ride ANYTHING.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...