View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
when the windshield wiper motor is broke so you pull off a wiper arm and hang your arm out the window wiping it manually when it rains
I have already seen people using a shoelace going through the quarter-window instead of wiping it with their arms. Other thing that I have already seen a lot are cars originally fitted with 2 wiper arms using only one, mostly Volkswagens.

Quote:
when your idea of new tires is whatever you find for ten bucks at the u-pull place already on a rim that happens to fit your car
Or retreading tyres.

Quote:
when the truck you had given to you has a funny looking switch retrofitted on the dash and you flip it to the on position, then sit back and admire the warm orange glow as the wiring harness burns up
I've already seen similar approaches in order to either bypass the automatic control of glowplugs or to activate the engine-off solenoid in Diesel trucks.

Quote:
when rolling down the electric windows is a two-handed affair that involves hitting the door panel with your elbow
Not hitting the door panel with the elbow, but holding the glass and trying to keep it from falling out of its allignment.