View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 08:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
Team Toyota
90 day: 62.22 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
Team Mazda
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
Your civic is at 1621 RPM at 45 MPH, or 2522 RPM at 70 MPH, not bad at all! I didn't check EX vs LX auto gearing, but the EX gearing is shorter on manuals of this civic generation.
Where did you get this information?? I've been looking all over for a way to find out RPMS at various speeds in my car since the tach doesn't work and I can't find it anywhere, tell me your secret source!

I think I remember reading somewhere that the manual gets slightly better MPG in city due to the gearing and the auto gets slightly better MPG on the highway due to a lower gear ratio in the highest gear, but that obviously doesn't take into consideration the manual's better ability in hypermiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daschicken View Post
If you plan on keeping the car...Get stuff now so you can start enjoying the savings right away, the longer you wait, the less savings you will get.
Yes, true, but of course my favorite mods are going to be the free ones, like pumping tires up currently mine are at 40 PSI, or were, they might be down by 1 or so due to the cold weather we've been having. I do think I will eventually start implementing some subtle things such as a block heater, but I will be having the timing belt changed this spring so I'll probably wait until after then so it doesn't hurt the pocketbook as much.