View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #68 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
I sent an email

Good Morning Sir,
I have been reading the information on Pulstar Plugs for some time now and had dismissed the claims as hogwash.
I re-read the thread @ Ecomodder.com this morning and noticed your input.
I drive a 1993 Geo Metro 3 cylinder 1 liter.
I would love to be your test guineas pig, but my vehicle is not OBD2 so I can not give accurate real time data.
My only collection point is tank to tank monitoring. We all seem to agree that is less than accurate at best.
I did just replace the engine with a unit that is 150K miles newer than my old one and the difference is very noticeable.
I have not even had my first fill up with the new engine and it appears to be getting much better mileage than my old one.
This is seat of the pants impression and I wouldn’t try to ask anyone to believe me based on these observations.

If, however, you would consider this to be a reasonable test vehicle I can offer weekly updates by moving my fill ups to a weekly schedule instead of my current as needed system. I would use my current plugs for one week and post results. I would then swap to Pulstar Plugs and go another week and post results. This form of A-B-A-B test is what the members of the forum are looking for. Then you would have a definite positive test base for your product.

Not a testimonial. Very few people believe in testimonials anymore. Most intelligent persons are looking for real world testing. I am offering to use my vehicle for some real world testing.

Please let me know whether or not you believe this would work for your needs.

Sincerely,
Paul W. Keim

Friends, Romans and Countrymen,
I sent this email to DParker@enerpulse.com
I am curious to see if they will or won't help in my car but I am too cheap to spend $100 on some untried product. I have been in this business for years and have seen many new things come and go. Splitfire plugs were one of my favorites. I would get a customer whose car was running poorly come into the shop and when I told them they needed new plugs I usually got a response like
"I just put new plugs in, it can't be that"
I would offer this to those people
"You allow me to put new plugs in and if the car runs better you pay me for Diag and repair, if it doesn't you take ti back for free."
When I replaced those Brand new Splitfires with new regular plugs the car almost always ran better, there were some times when the car had other issues and plugs new or old weren't going to fix the problems.
So lets wait and see.
Schultz

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein