View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
wagonman76
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
When it did it yesterday, it reset about 4-5 miles into the 25 mile trip, but didnt lose the parameters. I soldered everything really good but Ill have to check for loose wires anyway. No splice taps.

It worked great everyday since I built it and got the wires oriented properly, about 2 weeks ago. Till yesterday of course. This morning I didnt touch it when I got in the car, it appeared normal, it displayed yesterdays mpg. When I started the car, it didnt update, and thats when I realized it was locked up so I hit reset. It went to the parameters screen and the default parameters came up so I knew it was all cleared. I pulled over and reset them and it worked fine all the way to work.

On the bench is where it is unusable. I dont have a way to put pulses into it on the bench though. Im using the same computer and same usb cable that worked just great before.

Edit: Though it doesnt explain the reset while driving, it could explain the reset while starting. Which will probably be worse for the next 9 months as the mornings get colder here and the voltage drops while cranking.

When I get off work, Ill plug it in USB again and check the voltage at the 5v pin with a multimeter. I checked it last week when fiddling with the display on USB power and it was basically 5v right on, like 4.95 or so.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver

Last edited by wagonman76; 08-26-2008 at 03:00 PM..