View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 07:01 PM   #73 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Are you sure? Other times I saw people in this forum making similar comments about Morelli's, to find out later it was a mitake. It was a similar thing, like saying there would be a loss for ground and a loss for wheel, but it was for wheels only, since 0,046 was already for ground but with no wheels.

If Ecorunner VI wasn't trully 0,047, it would not became a news as the best drag coefficient ever achieved. Somone else would already exposed the hoax, if it was really a hoax.

Aptera for other side confuses me. Most pages said 2E version was the last version, for production, but the last got a different shape, looking squares and uggly, compared to the second (after the first nearly home made). And the drag of the squarer version was increased to CD:0,15. But in a In trview Farbbo said the last version improve aerodynamics.
They remake the car uggly just to add windows able to revolve.

I did this APter/Pegasus combination. Just reduced the angle of the horizontal direction of APtera, and it fit nice. Teh I added the windshild and side windows from APtera.

I wonder hif this front wheel configuration would make Aptera got quite better drad coefficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
I looked at the drag tables.
Ecorunners body is essentially a streamline body of revolution of 5.5:1 fineness ratio.
In free air,and super-critical Reynolds number(11000000) it is rated at Cd 0.047.
In ground proximity this doubles to Cd 0.094.
Then you add wheels.
I'm pretty certain that there's some legderdemain going on with claims.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-03-2018 at 07:07 PM..