View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 06:50 AM   #75 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Pegasus Fusion already fits 4 people, back to back.
If we stretch it we would also need to increase width a little. Maybe a 46cm stretch (most for the seats) in lenght it's enough for 4 seats.

But this would be for a not very powerfull engine like Aptera, but for a in-wheel motors. Maybe 3 motors of 2000W it's enough. Batteries could be in some of the front, and in the end back. Solar cells on top, reducing need of much batteries.

Another idea to reduce strectching needs would be use close seats, like the ones used in Ecomobile :

Four people would require a strong composite, specialy for strategic points on the structure, like for the seat belts anchor points. Perhaps a "carbon fiber skeleton", just for this.
I supose it's not a good idea to allow the vehicle became larger than 5 meter in lenght.

I would like to try to design, just for fun, a vehicle like I that. What is a good and not difficult to learn to use, 3D software for this ?

I have just two drawings of Morelli's concept, but not sure if it's enough. I'm looking for more angles, like a top view, to get better reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
That's a good Photochop.

A good next step might be to stretch the wheelbase. That would reclaim the passenger capacity and improve the fineness ratio. It could even have a diamond layout for the seats. The Aptera doors do not impress. Here's the Ford Evos Concept

Much closer to the clamshell body.

Last edited by All Darc; 03-04-2018 at 07:35 AM..