View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:32 PM   #76 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,596 Times in 7,079 Posts
Rear seat passengers feet normally go under the front passenger's H-point anyway. That close coupled tandem seating doesn't gain much. Tail-gunner seating will never be popular with anyone over 6 years old. A diamond pattern instead of side-by side conserves width.

Increasing width with length doesn't improve the fineness ratio.

Software: Some programs have a learning curve like a stroll up the hill, others are like running smack into a wall. I have struggled with a number of programs, Blender and others I try to forget.

I suggest for your consideration Wings 3D.

I can wrap my head around it's process, but still need to study to figure out how to complete arbitrary tasks. The work flow goes select — right-click to select from contextual menu of options — middle-clicking and fiddling around — left click to accept/escape to revert. Rinse and repeat. Navigation and camera movement can be changed to mimic other popular programs and you can work with a single, double or three-button mouse.

The current version requires a later OS than I have, and the old version lost it's status bar, so I'm not doing much now, just trying to prep an 'new' computer for the current threat environment online. It's a Core2 Duo Intel processor so it should be immune to Spectre/Meltdown. I still have concerns about BadUSB, and I want a hardware firewall ahead of the software firewall in the OS.