View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #132 (permalink)
ctmaybury@yahoo.com
EcoModding Apprentice

I had to vote hell no. You would get killed on the highway around here with an underpowered motorcycle. My bikes in order were cb 360t cb500t cb 750f yz400 (dirt bike) gs1100 v65 magna (1100) suzuki madura (1200). Notice the trend in displacement. That said, if I lived and or commuted in a city, I would consider a small bore. I couldn't go smaller than 250cc. My next bike will probably be an enduro in the 650 range like a xl650 or the kawasaki equivalent. I ride a bike for fun. I try to squeeze mileage from my truck, bikes just do it naturally. Even a litre bike with carbs can get 50 plus.

I don't think the op should be too worried about liquid cooling. Small 1 or 2 cylinder bikes do just fine with air cooling. Less weight and complications. Easy to work on too. More gears are nice but shouldn't be a show stopper if you like the bike that happens to be a 4sp. I wouldn't buy an automatic motorcycle. Fuel injection would be nice though. Never had that on a bike, but next one probably will.