View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
brucepick
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Hmmm. This is interesting.
I've been hoping we EcoModders would cover as many classes as possible in the GGP, so has to have the best chances of winning classes. I think in 2016 we had three Insights running, all competing against each other. We did well, but we likely can do better if we cover more classes. So this year ... I think we're going to be in good shape, thanks in part to our new drivers.

I believe Vman455 will be driving his '13 Prius. It's been modified.

Looking at last year's GGP results, I see NO modified Prius listed.
I don't recall EVER seeing any modded Priuses at the GGP - aside from plug-in conversions, which removes them from a Prius class into a Plug-In class.

So - - - very likely Vman455 will be driving in a class by himself. No competition. I like that!
Vman, you might want to have some documentation that the exterior mirror removal mod leaves your car fully road legal in your state. GGP rules say
"modifications are unrestricted but the vehicle must be street legal, with all safety devices retained". :-)
(The GGP rules page has a link on the GGP home page)

Now, we also have Goofy1 (Garth) driving a modded Mini. The results sheet from last year shows no modded 4-cyl gas vehicles in the GGP. I think that's a bit surprising, but that's what I saw. So Garth may also be in a class by himself.

Speaking of modded cars vs. stock -
Tire pressures:

Tire pressure is checked in the tech inspection. I've been allowed a couple psi over the max, based on the inspector recognizing that they were at 50 when cold, before I started driving, which upped the pressure a bit. Good to know.

GGP rules are that stock cars are limited to 40 psi tire pressure, more if the original spec is higher than 40.

Modified cars are limited to 50 psi.

Last edited by brucepick; 03-11-2018 at 05:35 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to brucepick For This Useful Post:
Goofy1 (03-11-2018)