View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 12:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelobi View Post
I totally am actively looking to buy a truck. This corolla was bought as a temporary car because i sold my truck.
Ironically to your comment, I'm looking at trucks at insurance auctions that have damage.
Hail damage vehicles are usually a steal simply because someone couldn't stand the sight of dents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davelobi View Post
And yes teoman, I junk pick with the best of them. No shame in it to me. I've even asked the people who threw something away (a lawn mower last summer) if it worked. Sold the lawn mower on Craigslist for $75
I bought a honda lawnmower for $60 last winter, probably overpaid for it. Its a self propelled walk behind with an engine speed control, which caught my eye. I definitely should have inspected it more carefully before I bought it, I flipped it over to look underneath and everything is rusty, and the blades were missing a mounting bolt! Starter doesn't want to retract, engine seemed to rev out of control when the choke was turned off the two times I have started it. Oh yeah, and the (plastic) tires are BALD. How much was this thing used??? Probably gonna just completely take the engine apart, clean things up, derust, repaint, and i'll see from there. Either I keep it and sell our current Honda mower, or do I try to sell this one?

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...