View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Green and silver doesn't really sound garish to me at all. I suppose the only thing which might make it look a bit off would be if the green in question has a yellowishness to it, vs a more cool blue tone like a blue spruce.
Oddly, I took all reference to cars, wheels, or rims and stripes out of my search and got a raft-load of images of emerald green and silver (or gray) in weddnings. Hahaha! It's high fashion!

Here are some examples. I could go for a gray wheel with the green on my black car. A lighter gray, almost a flat silver. What do ya think?

And here are two more images that come up when seeking forest green on gray instead of silver.

And a little scatology for your Friday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Try it in vinyl or plastidip first and to see how it looks. It sounds outlandish to me, but I'm often pleasantly surprised.
I like this suggestion too. Weddings are usually garish, so there ya go. I don't want a wedding aesthetic... what will the dudes at my boy-racer meets think of me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	green and silver - clutch-dish-untensils.jpg
Views:	920
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	23694   Click image for larger version

Name:	grey-green.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	23696   Click image for larger version

Name:	green-grey-toilet.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	23697  
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 03-16-2018 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: typo