Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:21 PM   #293 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
You need to look closely at the body trim lines on an actual new car then tell me they aren't shipping junk
I have never seen a Tesla up close. And I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with their always-on connection, data-logging everything approach.

Tesla, from the outside looking in, does not seem to be held to the same standards as the other auto makers regarding problems with production, fit and finish, etc. Those who like Tesla appear to be willing to downplay these problems.

IMHO, if the people driving them are happy with them - great! Those who are not customers may not get it ... I know that I don't .. but maybe that's not really relevant? Tesla has to keep their customers happy, like every other business. Others can have an opinion .. but perhaps Tesla is a bit less worried about the non-customer opinions? Not sure - if there were fewer non-customer complaints maybe there would be more customers?

The reservations for the Model 3 are still stacked up ... are they still at 400,000? I haven't heard for a while ...