View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 11:55 AM   #1180 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I didn't tried to offend anyone here.

The ecologic impact would always exist, but could be much lower with some care, with investment on reasearch, alternatives. But greed refuses it on behalf of extra profit.
I'm not offended at all, and I value your contribution to this forum. I try to present a balanced look at any subject in the most provocative way I can, and often play devil's advocate simply for the sake of discussion.

It's not just greed that causes resources to be wasted or consumed irresponsibly. People are creatures of habit, comfort, and convenience. For example, people use plastic bags at grocery stores even though we could bring our own bags. As another example, when I finally buy an EV, I will not drive it long distance simply because I refuse to spend my time waiting to charge a battery. I'll take a petrol vehicle instead.

We have many selfish motivations for choosing not to conserve resources, and they aren't all simply greed. Businesses cater to the demands of their customers. Consumers have at least as much responsibility to demand conservative products as businesses have to practice conservation.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!