View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #1273 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Intelligent people have few or no kids today, while stupid people and middle age people have many kids.
Everyone has their own definition of intelligence, usually placing them above average. It is statistically impossible for everyone to be above average. I feel that if people can support their own children and they raise them to support themselves and contribute to society they have that right.

You mentioned cow farts. “Ninety-seven per cent of all the methane gas is released by the front end through burps, not from the back end” https://www.ft.com/content/70637ed6-...#axzz2yP3CfaWk, but talking about burps does not advance agenda as well as discussing farts.

Note that the biggest source of methane in the US is still natural gas leaking out of wells and pipelines and wafting into the atmosphere. https://www.vox.com/2016/9/27/130727...ne-cow-belches

The math on countries that rely on the charity of others does not indicate it is in their self interest to have large numbers of children. Is it rational to expect that foreigners will support their population doubling?

Four years ago I created a thread trying to brainstorm ideas for a school project. In my first post I wrote:
Quote:
I estimated that one hundred billion dollars would be sufficient to end domestic hunger in the United States for one, maybe two years. That is it. What long-term effect would that have? Why were they hungry in the first place? Did we do anything to prevent them from being hungry once we run out of money?
Then I pointed out that there were ten million unemployed Americans, and half-joked that instead of feeding people until I ran out of money I would feed people for one month while starting a company to fabricate and distribute ecomods.

Redneck shared a Sam Kinison bit about moving hungry people to places that grew food.

Quote:
Invest $95b. Spend five billion the first year and the interest above inflation each remaining year on science fairs, with the winners receiving scholarships.
I realized the statistic with which I started was meaningless because it was not about people who did not have enough food, but people who missed meals, or were concerned they might miss a meal, which is different.

There were one hundred posts in that thread. A couple of times I stepped in and asked participants to calm down and act civilly. In #99 I asked the moderators to close the thread. One of the members kept insulting people who had kids. Others made personal attacks against him. Arragonis was involved in that fight. He has since quit the site. Old Mechanic also participated in the discussion, if not the fight. He is now known as USER REMOVED after getting in a fight in another thread which was also closed.

I was trying to figure out something, which was academic because I would never be able to implement it. I was also fighting a losing battle to earn my first A since starting that major.

I could not keep that thread civil. I did not earn an A in that class. In that thread I mentioned my father and my then-girlfriend.

Both had birthdays last month. Both have also passed away since that dumpster fire of a thread.

Dilithium crystals are fictional. I made a joke.