View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #1361 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

I wonder in countries that are not like Japan or Finland, what would happen if we take off the police, the security guards, the army, and all containment agents, and waith 2 months.
The human nature would probably regreed some thound years and just weeks or months. The dog was just put on a dog collar with a chain.

Maybe some peacefull of Finland it's due welfare state, but not all just due educations and schools programs againt sexism and violence, but also because the welfare state acts like instint silencer. Give a monkey a lot of bananas and he will not kill other monkey to take their bananas.
If I create a yummy big sandwish, while others didn't cooked for themselves, some will want takemy sandwish, but if state give a sandwish to everyone, they will keep quiet.
I believe there are genes involved in this sandwsih fight. In nature there are aninal in a same species that are more couperative, and works ev en helping raise baboes from others, and there are the ones that are more agressive to take the food or take the females from other. In a zoo they fight less, since food it's easy.

It's easy to spot bad people in a less peacefull comunity than in a very social state comunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'd say humanity has grown more intelligent and less violent over time, though I don't know what it was like to live in past epochs. Most of us are able to read and write though, and few of us die from the hand of violence.
I agree. But it would need to have a minimal quality in many points, to avoid depression, avoid tendency to adiction, suicide tendencies, antisocial tendencies.The problem ios that parents would choose genes for babies, we would have a world of Barbies and Kens.

Quote:
Variance accomplishes 2 important things. First it explores new ideas, some of which are useful, and second it inoculates the species from being annihilated by a weakness common to everyone.
I wonder if they found all genes that leads to sociopathy, and track the incidence in many ethinic groups, countries, states. And a experiment, creating a comunity, isolated, free of sociopath individuals, and see how it would go around.
Maybe the evil would come from others less harmfull genes. I have a theory that good people need some evil from others to be good, not much but a bit. They need to get pissed off, disgusted, with worse people to be able to value good acts, good things.

Quote:
Too much homogeneity is not good, and certain extremes such as psychopathy are bad. It's important that genetic engineering eliminate clearly bad traits while not eliminating variance.
There are people who are great in some hability, but very blind to see and judge the world, the society. People who can reach some PHD, but are dools of some freek religious leader, for example.

Quote:
As far as dumb vs smart people go, exactly half are smarter than average, and exactly half are dumber than average. Considering the breadth of knowledge is infinite, we're all closer to knowing nothing than knowing everything.