View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
westb87
No idea what I'm doing

Sleek - '04 Honda Civic Coupe LX
90 day: 36.38 mpg (US)

Broomstick - '18 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Tech & 4Motion
90 day: 21.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
That's great that you're already matching the highway numbers on regular driving! Hypermiling takes time to maximize techniques and your cars quirks, so be prepared for those numbers to continue skyrocketing!

I noticed quite the improvement in coasting ability from the wheel covers, grille blocking, and fog light covers (you can view my Ecomodder build thread here). I haven't installed an air dam yet but will hopefully do that this weekend.

This generation Civic (mine, at least) seems to get the best FE at 36 mph, right when it shifts into overdrive. Best range seems to be 36-43 mph.
Ours are very similar with the exception of the coupe/sedan difference! I've noticed that my FE tends to maximize around 45-48. I've been able to coax TC lockup at low speeds too, which was a lot better than my 04 Ram used to! That sucker would absolutely refuse to lockup until I was doing 45mph.

Anywho, I'm going to get my hands on some packing tape to test out some grille blockage and remove the mirrors this weekend. I'll make a build thread and hopefully report back!

Broomstick (2018 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Technology & 4Motion All-Wheel Drive), Auto 8-speed with "Tip-tronic". The Family 'Wagen...also the weapon of choice of the "Wicked Witch of the Wests" a.k.a The Wife.