View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 02:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
Team Toyota
90 day: 62.22 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
Team Mazda
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by westb87 View Post
This car would never see that type of MPG with the cruise set. When I'm using cruise I'm averaging 29-30 per the SGII. However, I've only calibrated (and used) one full tank on this car, so the SGII may be slightly off compounded by my further practice of FE skills and I could see a bigger boost in FE by the time I go to fill up my next tank. I'm hoping my MPG is really higher than the SGII is giving me feedback on ATM.

Ah, good to know. I keep a pretty regular coat of Meguiar's Ultimate wax on all my vehicles so I'd rather not damage the paint. I'll be sure to do the primary adhesion with painter's tape first as you've suggested. Thanks!
29-30 mpg with cruise set at what speed? 29-30 mpg should be for cruising speeds like 80+ mph...have you had your vehicle serviced to see if there's anything there? When I bought my car I had a dragging brake caliper that made the first half of my first tank only ~31 mpg before fixing it. And when I had my timing belt changed along with the transmission and brake fluids, it probably added another 1 mpg or so. A dirty air filter can also harm FE, but those are relatively cheap to replace (I replaced mine for $8).

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)