View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 12:21 PM   #54 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
The Bible have a lot of nonsense and a lot of unfair punishment.
The universe is infinitely complex and full of paradox that I'm not able to understand. From the beginning, life is unfair because we're born with different genetic aptitudes and environments. It's unfair that I get to live in an age full of technological advancements, with a standard of living much higher than the wealthiest of kings.

In modern society, we're surrounded by death (every newborn baby is a future corpse) and yet nearly completely insulated from it. This is a problem because we aren't confronted by the reality that the purpose of living is to prepare for death.

My thoughts are abstract on this complex subject, and I cannot answer why life is unfair, but I only know that every person has equal intrinsic value, and that it is wise to to prepare for death, and in the process be given purpose to life.

Quote:
You already have a lot of garantees by law. A school can't fire a teacher for be black or be woman. By your logic the boss can hire of not or fire whoever he wish for hhaever reason.
It's important to distinguish the rights of the government and the rights of private business. While these are basically the same under the law, in practice it is not, and in my view, should not be the same.

Schools cannot fire a person for superficial reasons not pertaining to performance because they are a government agency. There is no place for superficial discrimination in government.

In my view, private business should have the right to employ whoever they want, for whatever reason they want, not because I endorse discrimination, but because I support the freedom to associate how you will. The government has NO BUSINESS telling me who I must associate with, or what the terms of contract are between me and other mentally fit persons.

Besides all that, our laws are already hypocritical, and we arbitrarily decide when to enforce them. We allow dance clubs to let women in for free, but charge men to enter. This is illegal under US law, but it happens all the time. Strip clubs hire young (ageism) women (sexism) of certain ethnic backgrounds (racism) and discriminate against the others. All of that is illegal under US law. I'm for the right of businesses to discriminate how they see fit, just as I'm for the right to not spend my money at offensive businesses.

Finally, there is true biggitoted discrimination where a person is fired, but told the reason is that they just are no longer needed. Discrimination in that case was disguised by not disclosing the true reason for firing someone. My final argument against the absurd laws concerning discrimination is that you cannot legislate good behavior, because there are always ways around it, and the root of the problem lies in the heart, and not in the law.

I think it was Venezuela who had people starving to death, so a law was created making it illegal to starve to death. Better to expose disgusting attitudes by allowing it to be displayed than to put a thin veil over it and pretend it doesn't exist.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-28-2018 at 12:28 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Xist (04-28-2018)