View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 03:53 PM   #154 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Looks like medicine symbol combined with a pentagram (devil's symbol), and wings, to prey more patients...
I'd call it a pastishe. (I knew the word but I didn't know about it's relationship with parody)
  • Pentagram is not inverted
  • Winged disk is Egyptian
  • Disk has Mandala
  • Horns are from the Age of Taurus
  • Staff has Star of David, Eye of Horus, Ankh, (white rose?)
  • Zodiac has 14 stations!

Pastishe is not parody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Ophiuchus is one of thirteen constellations that cross the ecliptic.[21] It has therefore been called the "13th sign of the zodiac". However, this confuses sign with constellation. The signs of the zodiac are a twelve-fold division of the ecliptic, so that each sign spans 30° of celestial longitude, approximately the distance the Sun travels in a month, and (in the Western tradition) are aligned with the seasons so that the March equinox always falls on the boundary between Sagittarius and Scorpio.

Constellations, on the other hand, are unequal in size and are based on the positions of the stars. The constellations of the zodiac have only a loose association with the signs of the zodiac, and do not in general coincide with them.[22] In Western astrology the constellation of Aquarius, for example, largely corresponds to the sign of Pisces. Similarly, the constellation of Ophiuchus occupies most (November 29 – December 18[23]) of the sign of Sagittarius (November 23 – December 21). The differences are due to the fact that the time of year that the sun passes through a particular zodiac constellation's position has slowly changed (because of the precession of the equinoxes) over the centuries from when the Greeks, Babylonians and the Dacians through Zamolxis [24] originally developed the Zodiac.[25][26]