Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #151 (permalink)
Banned

Looks like medicine symbol combined with a pentagram (devil's symbol), and wings, to prey more patients...
And the horns... well... doctors don't use to have good marriages... (latin cultures use horns to represent man when betrayed)

I found medicine quite evil, ignorant and quite a organized crime, so this symbol fits better for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Like this?

Last edited by All Darc; 04-30-2018 at 10:28 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-30-2018, 11:24 AM   #152 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I found medicine quite evil, ignorant and quite a organized crime
Some top-tier physicians act quite like members of a mafia, this is true, and even some mediocre ones when they get the most convenient political affiliations also find a way to do so. I know one of those, he's a son of a friend of my father, and even though his father is a decent man I wouldn't trust the guy because of the way he embraces some politics that I disagree. For me, most of what he says and does sound extremely hypocritical. He rants about the importance of healthcare for older people, but charges an awful amount of money from health secretaries in small towns governed by left-wing parties alligned with PT for absolutely vague speeches, and that very same money could've been better invested in other priorities. Had him been so concerned about the elders, I guess he would've been more actively engaged in practical activities, such as following the "community healthcare agents" through the slums in order to provide adequate medical attention to old people there and eventually training the community agents in their own area on better practices to deal with them. Don't you agree with me?
Old 04-30-2018, 01:41 PM   #153 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Looks like medicine symbol combined with a pentagram (devil's symbol), and wings, to prey more patients...
If you look at the background, you might deduce that it is a depiction of Ophiuchius, the 13th sign of the zodiac: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus Trying to alleviate your ignorance re the pentagram would get us into religious discussion, which is not acceptable here.

Quote:
I found medicine quite evil, ignorant and quite a organized crime, so this symbol fits better for them.
Seems like a personal problem :--)
Old 04-30-2018, 03:53 PM   #154 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
I'd call it a pastishe. (I knew the word but I didn't know about it's relationship with parody)
  • Pentagram is not inverted
  • Winged disk is Egyptian
  • Disk has Mandala
  • Horns are from the Age of Taurus
  • Staff has Star of David, Eye of Horus, Ankh, (white rose?)
  • Zodiac has 14 stations!

Pastishe is not parody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Ophiuchus is one of thirteen constellations that cross the ecliptic.[21] It has therefore been called the "13th sign of the zodiac". However, this confuses sign with constellation. The signs of the zodiac are a twelve-fold division of the ecliptic, so that each sign spans 30° of celestial longitude, approximately the distance the Sun travels in a month, and (in the Western tradition) are aligned with the seasons so that the March equinox always falls on the boundary between Sagittarius and Scorpio.

Constellations, on the other hand, are unequal in size and are based on the positions of the stars. The constellations of the zodiac have only a loose association with the signs of the zodiac, and do not in general coincide with them.[22] In Western astrology the constellation of Aquarius, for example, largely corresponds to the sign of Pisces. Similarly, the constellation of Ophiuchus occupies most (November 29 – December 18[23]) of the sign of Sagittarius (November 23 – December 21). The differences are due to the fact that the time of year that the sun passes through a particular zodiac constellation's position has slowly changed (because of the precession of the equinoxes) over the centuries from when the Greeks, Babylonians and the Dacians through Zamolxis [24] originally developed the Zodiac.[25][26]

Old 04-30-2018, 04:15 PM   #155 (permalink)
Banned

Religious it's always protected... So to spread nonsense or prejudice it just needs to be inside a religion context... Untouchable...
I'm sad to discover that here it's no exception.
One day nothing more with even few polemic will be acceptable to discuss. Our homes will me monitored, ands we will be in the 1983 movie reality. The police of though.

Quote:
Trying to alleviate your ignorance re the pentagram would get us into religious discussion, which is not acceptable here.
Yeah, I had a personal problem with doctors, and that's how I discover how much mafia and organized crime medicine have in my country. Today I would not trust even in a close family relative doctor.
We can't debate religion but you can call me ignorant... Uuhnn... If you feel better...

Quote:
Seems like a personal problem :--)

Last edited by All Darc; 04-30-2018 at 04:34 PM..
Old 04-30-2018, 04:31 PM   #156 (permalink)
Banned

Political flags are just a excuse to get power for their own interest.
Most doctors on Brazil don't even give a damn for the ethic code they are suposed to follow.

A lot of doctors kowns about many other doctor's dirty tricks. One told about one guy here, a doctor who was in charge of a health secretaries for city hall, and was got in a recording ordering to doctors go to work, mark the workcard (not sure if the translation ios right) but do not work even close the hours required. In other words, told them to receive without work. Another doctor told me he knows this doctor was a thief, and that received money without work in a public health center unit he was registered as a doctor.
They know the dirt of their fellowsand do not denounce to authorities. In hte medical code of ethic it's clear, saying if a doctor knows other doctor breaking the law he must denounce.

A thief doctor it's a lot more well saw by their fellows (buddies) than a honest doctor who denouce thief doctors. So, what can we say about this class ??? A mafia, just it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
He rants about the importance of healthcare for older people, but charges an awful amount of money from health secretaries in small towns governed by left-wing parties alligned with PT for absolutely vague speeches, and that very same money could've been better invested in other priorities. Had him been so concerned about the elders, I guess he would've been more actively engaged in practical activities, such as following the "community healthcare agents" through the slums in order to provide adequate medical attention to old people there and eventually training the community agents in their own area on better practices to deal with them. Don't you agree with me?

Last edited by All Darc; 04-30-2018 at 05:18 PM..
Old 04-30-2018, 06:36 PM   #157 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
Q: What's the difference between a THIEF and an HONEST person?

A: The THIEF got caught.
Sure, just like the only difference between a rapist and non-rapist is the rapist got caught

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 04-30-2018, 07:19 PM   #158 (permalink)
Banned

If human species was really nice and civilized, we wouldn't need police and army.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:59 PM   #159 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Political flags are just a excuse to get power for their own interest.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Old 05-01-2018, 10:32 PM   #160 (permalink)
Banned

I mean own selfish interest and not the suposed interest of the ideas they suposedly are in favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
about :"Political flags are just a excuse to get power for their own interest."

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Reply  Post New Thread