View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 07:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
westb87
No idea what I'm doing

Sleek - '04 Honda Civic Coupe LX
90 day: 36.38 mpg (US)

Broomstick - '18 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Tech & 4Motion
90 day: 21.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
Figured I’d post here again with hopeful spirit... I’ve had a couple tanks that were nowhere near 50mpg, but also have had lots of bad weather and chilly temps(forties) that held it back pretty good... the tank I’m working on(will be filled in the morning) has been 100% good weather, with dry roads and 65-80* ambient temps... I’ve had two instances of naughty behavior (one WOT 0-60 run to begin a trip, to get to coasting sooner than accelerating slowly, and one 45-90 pull in 3rd gear, overtaking and kept the foot down) but otherwise I’ve been good... nighttime averages on my commute have been just above 50 indicated, and daytime averages were closer to 55-57 indicated...

The picture indicates how it sets now... the trip meter is understated by 2.5% due to tire size, and I have a 12 gallon tank... I’m guessing I’ve used 6.5 gallons so far, which *should* put my average right at 50mpg... I’ll update after I fill up and tell you how far I was off(or not)
Woop woop!!! That's awesome! I'm hoping my Civic sees this kind of MPG one day! Keep it up!

Broomstick (2018 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Technology & 4Motion All-Wheel Drive), Auto 8-speed with "Tip-tronic". The Family 'Wagen...also the weapon of choice of the "Wicked Witch of the Wests" a.k.a The Wife.