View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 10:15 PM   #122 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
90 day: 64.01 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
It was not just me mentioning the story here? http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post567585 H-Man asked someone to find the story and I couldn't.
I don't think so; pretty sure there was more detail in the one I read. For all I know it could've been one of the other forums (the nissan micra or mitsubishi mirage one). It was a while back so I don't exactly remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
My wheel well skirts are very similar. But the skirt overlaps the exterior of the body, creating a clamping effect between the clip, skirt, and body exterior. The hold has been durable over maybe 30,000 miles or more.

My skirts are easily removed, completely. When I remove the shirt from the clip, nothing holds the clip on the lip of the wheel well but light mechanical tension. Sometimes the clips fall to the ground on their own after I remove the skirt. I would recommend using some trim tape or black caulk as a cushion between the skirt and the body, because the paint does get scratched, not that I care much because the scratches are under the skirt.
You just got me thinking here. What if I used something like the following with this metal plumbers tape:

Color coding:
Gray: wheel well lip of the car
Red: metal bracket from bent plumbers tape
Brown: side skirt material
Blue: screw

Is that similar to what you did?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	180
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	24102  

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)