View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 12:24 AM   #3234 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
What are the specs of this motor? Like, the full load current, and the voltage it's designed to run at (AC voltage), the number of pole pairs (if the nameplate says around 3500 at 60Hz, it's 1 pole pair, 1800 means 2 pole pairs, etc...).
German motor - ABM

Connected in delta, 215A continous (rated?)

6400 rpm at 219 Hz. That gives me 1753 rpm at 60 hz, so I think it is 4 pole.

It's fed with a 48V pack, which is 52V when fully charged. 36VAC? But the nameplate says 29 VAC. Does not compute.

Power factor 0.88

64 pulses per revolution is the encoder

Quote:
Do you have 3 Lem Hass 300-s current sensors in the controller? You will have to change that to the following:

current-sensor-amps-per-volt 480

(it's set to 80 right now, which is for the LEM Hass 50-s).
OK. I can do that. Tomorrow I should have some time in the evening.

Quote:
The rotor time constant may be way off too. But we can figure that one out after getting the PI to converge.

I still feel concerned that the IGBTs didn't do anything weird with the voltage reversed on the IGBTs. That is a dead short circuit with nothing but 2 diodes to slow it down. I wonder if it's possible that the diodes failed opened inside the IGBTs. Could you test with a diode meter thing from B- to B+? Or B- to the phase, and from phase to B+?
Diode meter:
B- to B+: The voltage starts at 0.3 and rises. With black on B- and Red on B+. It rises above 0.7 and keeps rising. If I reverse the leads, the voltage drops to 0 and then rises again, like I'm charging a capacitor ... and I am.

B- to U, B- to V, B- to W. Black to U,V,W, Red to B-. All give 0.304

V to B+, U to B+, W to B+. Black to B+, Red to U, V, W. All give 0.304

If I put Red to B+ and Black to U,V,W the capacitor charges.

If I put Black to B- and Red to U,V,W the capacitor charges.