Thread: El Mirage, CA
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 09:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Would if I could.
There is a chance I can't go, either. Gotta have the engine together and running right. I am confident that I can do it by this weekend, but if I have made or make a costly mistake, I'll never be ready to go in a week, I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
This is my favorite dry lakes picture:

If you look closely, the front wheel carries dirt over the top of the tire, until it's blown back by the air. It forms exactly the shape you'd want a teardropped cycle fender to have.
That is an awesome photo. I think it instantly becomes my favorite too. Wish I have the photo tech to be able to try and make more close up action shots like this. In the past, long distance dust trail shots, showing the long wakes and their turbulence, have been my best.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.