View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
Let me know all the tips, especially in keeping a girl from losing interest in things other than boys. Mine is 40 hrs old, so I've got some time to figure it out.
OMG, it's starting to sink in. Are you going to make a tickler file that will remind you at each stage along the way? Because it changes all the time.

Where to even start? I would suggest that you learn from her for 2-3 three years and then she learns from you. Your able to influence her until public school starts, then that's over. But your still on the hook until majority.

(Timothy Leary's eight-circuit brain)

At some point you'll need to read to her a lot. I used Godel, Escher, Bach by Hofstader.

Each chapter is college-level stuff but is preceded by a fable that foreshadows the content. I still remember his delight when we got to the middle of the Crab Canon.

Quote:
One dialogue in the book is written in the form of a crab canon, in which every line before the midpoint corresponds to an identical line past the midpoint. The conversation still makes sense due to uses of common phrases that can be used as either greetings or farewells ("Good day") and the positioning of lines which double as an answer to a question in the next line.