View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 02:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
niky
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsrat View Post
It would be really interesting if a gasoline engineer was a regular visitor here. It wasn't so long ago that you could get a carbureted vehicle to start even with the gas in it smelling like turpentine. Now when it's encountered you're always looking at a flush of the tank and a carb cleaning.

Could it be that gasoline has been reformulated for F. I. vehicles??? If I were a gambler I'd say yes and it's probably less refined than in the days of widespread carburetor use.

Back to a less-costly alternative to the new Super Cub, i. e., the K-Pipe over the past couple of years I've found it's quality easily compares to a Japanese bike from the 70's or 80's. Newer Hondas have a lot of niceties like waterproof electrical connectors and such but all in all after living with it awhile I can say with a degree of confidence that folks who buy one won't be disappointed. As I might have mentioned KYMCO is a bit disappointed in that the bike didn't connect with the youth/beginner market like they'd hoped and is instead selling to old ducks like me.

For anyone wishing for a brand-new Passport like I said other than the lack of the underbone frame I think buyers would find they'd be really happy with it. It has the horsepower and extra cog in the gearbox the Passport lacked with better brakes and tubeless tires. Careful shopping ought to get one for about half of the suggested list of the Super Cub and it has a two year warranty!!!
It's faintly surprising to find that all motorbikes cost more there than here... typically, cars here cost more than in the USA. The K-Pipe costs some $500 or more less here.

Kymco is a good brand. Much better build quality than mainland Chinese bikes (It's Taiwanese, I believe) and it has a good following around Asia.

Particularly fond of the Super 8 and the Like. But we don't get the 200cc variant you guys do. Still, a very pretty Vespa-like for a whole lot less money.