View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 02:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
westb87
No idea what I'm doing

Sleek - '04 Honda Civic Coupe LX
90 day: 36.38 mpg (US)

Broomstick - '18 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Tech & 4Motion
90 day: 21.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I had a Prius doing "eco-friendly" driving in front of me a couple of days ago. Crawling up hills at WELL below the already-low PSL, then coasting downhill at WELL above same. I dunno; I get wanting to be efficient, to get your personal best ever tankful, or whatever. Just move over and let other folks by.

(My solution: turn off and go a different way. We have a wealth of little roads around here.)
Was this a 2-lane road? If so, yeah, the dude's a jerk. If it's a 4 lane road and he was in the right lane, you could have passed him. However, based on the way you tell it, it sounds like you were more or less STUCK behind him. If I'm on a 4 lane road, I occupy the right lane and I hypermile and people are free to pass. I stay generally +-5mph from PSL, sometimes +-10 depending on the height of the hill. We've got some pretty serious ones here in North Alabama. I'll power up the hill and then throw it in neutral and EOC down. I just wished my SG2 would go into the 9999mpg mode sooner than 9 seconds after I kick the key back to "IGN II", lol.

Broomstick (2018 Volkswagen Atlas SE w/ Technology & 4Motion All-Wheel Drive), Auto 8-speed with "Tip-tronic". The Family 'Wagen...also the weapon of choice of the "Wicked Witch of the Wests" a.k.a The Wife.