View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #190 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg_numbers_guy View Post
... You're making me doubt myself now lol. How am I supposed to improve aerodynamics at the rear without going for a crazy boattail since a kammback won't really help my sedan??
Didn't mean to discourage. You're doing great. And I think your trunklid plan has good thinking in it. Follow your plans and test it if you can get the time (or just track FE if you cant get the time).

It sucks when there are mechanical problems, not least because they cloud the data on the mods. But such is life. These older cars ALWAYS have somethign going wrong. For Hondas is is usually not a something that prevents operation, but we need really good mechanical operation to test these mods effectively.

Hang in there!
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
mpg_numbers_guy (06-25-2018)