View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 08:04 PM   #47 (permalink)
HHOTDI
Rapturee

Sippy2 - '15 Honda NC700XD DCT
90 day: 59.51 mpg (US)

Shorty - '02 Ford F150 XL
Tim said he regularly gets 50-55mpg the way he rides, slow and easy and usually 55-60mph. He has a huge aftermarket tank on his DR650. Neither of us had to stop for fuel, so i really don't know for sure. I stopped once after i left him, but didn't do the math. He did say that with only having a 5spd, he rarely hits 65mph and only if he has to.

Even in Montana with their 70mph state highways(not the interstate), he'd only run 55-60mph. He'd almost immediately pull to the side and wave folks on by. It was interesting to watch how many folks passed him and waved thanks!

I got home at 11pm and have still not topped mine off yet to see what my overall MPG was for the trip. I should be able to do that this weekend. After 14.5 hours total(including stops/visiting) and 505 miles, my backside and shoulders were flat wore out!!

I really don't know how guys can make it through the Iron-Butt/Saddle Sore rides...they are some really tough individuals. I don't know that i could make it through that on a BET!! Great ride/visit though! :{)

Last edited by HHOTDI; 07-06-2018 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: rented fingers, my lease is about up though.