View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #114 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,233 Times in 4,659 Posts
challenging/Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Remember when the Prius was the car of choice for most celebretards? Well, maybe it's harder to convince a pro-gun redneck who eats beef everyday and daily-drives a full-size truck to pull ghost-trailers and roll coal to get rid of an "environmental-unfriendly" vehicle than it might be to do the same with a pro-abortion, anti-gun vegan with a liberal arts degree. But anyway, the existence of the so-called "Prius Patriots" who switched to hybrids because they see it as a way to decrease America's dependence on oil sourced from war-torn countries often hostile to American people in general might be a sign that it's challenging but not impossible to change the mindset of a large chunk of the new-car customer base.

Have you ever watched a British documentary titled "Brazil: Beyond the Citizen Kane"? Even though it has a leftie bias and has been released at least 25 years ago, its accuracy to this day is frightening to say the least...
Since the United States doesn't really have a 'culture',and little boys want to be like men,Madison Avenue and Hollywood is poised to step in and tell little boys what to do to become a man.That's a ripe field for mischief!
Since we don't have education,schools aren't much help.Parents can't help since they didn't get an education either.Relatives and peers are in the same boat.I don't see faith-based organizations stepping up to the plate (their own pension fund investment portfolios have been full of Madison Avenue-related entities).Since commercial broadcast networks are beholden to advertisers for their revenue,they're not allowed to educate,since they'd,by default,be turning on their advertisers (a quick trip into bankruptcy).The federal government has tried in the past,only to have appointed officials censor them,then defund them,defenestrate them,and them ultimately dissolve the committee trying to help.
We end up influenced by Bullet,The Fall Guy,Smoky and the Bandit,The Dukes of Hazard,The Rockford Files,Miami Vice,Magnum P.I.,NHRA, ,INDYCAR,NASCAR,Monster trucks,drift-racing,...................................... it goes on and on.
I have seen Brazil,twice.It was a long time ago.I can only recall being disturbed.

Last edited by aerohead; 07-28-2018 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: spell