View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #17 (permalink)
Stacygifford
Eco Storm Chaser

Nemo - '87 Ford Mustang GT
90 day: 27.26 mpg (US)

K-sight - '02 Honda Insight
90 day: 39.24 mpg (US)
K24a2

Well, I found a deal that I just could not pass up. I was able to pick up a sub 60k mile 2008 k24a2 from a you-pull-it junk yard in dallas. It just so happed to be there annual 50% sale... $124 after tax.. wow.

I only had it for 3 days before I swapped it in.. I should have taken time to look it over beforehand, but I was impatient. Fortunately everything was a direct bolt in, so very easy as far as engine swaps go.

I haven't done a whole lot of fuel economy testing because the accord injectors that I tried to reuse are definitely too small for the TSX engine. But before swapping to a set of 2004 wrx injectors the mpguino was redoing 48-54 mpg on the highway.

I decided to fill her up with 101 VP race fuel and advance the timing quite a bit to do some tuning at the track. As it turns out, This thing is much faster than I was expecting.

Traction was a real issue. I had to pull 20° of timing in first, and slowly add it back in 2nd ramping up to 10° to keep from blowing the tires off.

Pulling timing to limit hp may not be the best form of traction control, and may get some high egt's but it makes consistent times lol

As a side note the cheap Chinese aeromotive knockoff fuel pressure regulators Can actually be repaired with genuine aeromotive parts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stacygifford For This Useful Post:
Ecky (07-30-2018), fusion210 (07-31-2018)