View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
All they flushed was our money

Do you have your own "false flush" stories?

A few months ago my wife's Forester needed service, and I told her she was due for an automatic transmission fluid flush. It had been done at about 50,000 miles, I think. Now she is at 110,000. I know she requested the service because I heard her do the order on the phone with the tech. And after she brought it back, the car was shifting better she thought and I agreed. But slightly clunky shifting soon returned and I checked the trans fluid to see. Not good. Checked the receipt for service. They had only charged for 4 quarts ATF. It is a 10 quart system. So they hadn't flushed the system and hadn't told her. I could have drained 4 quarts and replaced it. So anyway, that is what I started doing today. Here is the ATF I pulled. Replaced with four fresh quarts. I will repeat 4 quarts maybe once a week for a two or three more weeks and then just do it every other oil change or something.

I wish I could count on the Subaru guys to do it right and honestly, but I can't. We love the car. The dealerships are bad. That is at least my fourth bad experience with two diff dealers.

Happens to you too? I don't imagine I am special.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180819_183156.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	24703  
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
Ecky (08-22-2018)