View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #56 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
renewable pollution

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
As far as I can tell old solar panels are stripped of aluminum and copper then the glass and cells are ground up and added to pavement.

Virtually all synthetic oil use some sort of petroleum as the fees stock.

Only the Mitsubishi wind turbines had weak transmissions.

Direct drive wind turbines are a bad idea. The generator is huge. Even a little 1mw direct drive wind turbine is huge compared to a 2.5mw wind turbine generator.
So now you build 1mw wind turbines that use more copper than 2.5mw wind turbines.

We know what fossil fuel pollution is and looks like. For some reason people like to pretend renewable power creates no waste and no pollution.
I've been around commercial/industrial manufacturing and everything was subject to pollution controls.You can't even pour concrete without ASTM testing in this country.
Industrial hygienists were present,and monitoring.
The companies were subject to State and Federal snap inspections.
Hazardous waste had a chain of custody reaching back to every originator.
I got the distinct impression that there weren't going to be any new 'Superfund' sites created.
I've heard people slam alternative energy producers for decades on this subject,and I've never seen any evidentiary,empirical bonafides provided to support the argument.
It may be true that hazardous materials are used in manufacturing,but they're subject to either recycling,or disposal at heavily regulated and approved 'HEAT' disposal sites.