View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 08:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 40.02 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 49.62 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
Three questions I have... what brand are you running, what wattage are they, and how well do they do compared to halogen?

All I seen were the ones on the retrofit sites(expensive but likely work good), or the super cheap ones claiming 300W and 300K lm...
Sealight brand. Found them on Amazon, good reviews and decent depth of review (300+ respondents). "Super bright" but no outlandish claims. No actual lumen output claim.

40 watts total, 20 per lamp.

Compared to halogen, VERY blue. Halogen I would say is about 3000k color temp, these are claimed 6000k. I can't verify that but it's a big departure from incandescent. I would strongly prefer the option to choose something closer to a cool white, about 4000k like a fluorescent lamp. They're much brighter than the halogens while pulling less than half the current.

Beam shape is a little altered but not badly in my plain, non-projector headlights. These do a pretty good job of getting the emitters in the same place inside the housing as the halogens.

Nice touch, these have static heat sinks. No fans.

$50 for a pair from Amazon. In my opinion it might be the best mod I've made to the car in terms of performance per dollar.

https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Con...S1QREDSBN7MK74

Lead or follow. Either is fine.