Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 08:03 PM   #546 (permalink)
ProDigit
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Tesla lovers and haters...

Tesla made EVs cool, where EV's had a big image problem before: milk floats, golf carts, mobility scooters and odd looking small cars.
Under the hood their cars are amazingly advanced.

Enough good reasons to like Tesla, even if I don't own one (yet).
Personally I don't get any of the arguments against Tesla. Money greedy, really? If Musk cared about that he'd not have invested in it that much himself.
Controlling the process... well they started out with the Roadster by buying about everything that went into the car, but learned how suppliers kept letting them down, so now they manufacture most parts themselves. Cuts costs and gives them control over quality and supply. Bad Tesla!

Then Musk shot his Roadster into space. But it was a test flight for the rocket, which needed a ballast to simulate a payload. Instead of the Roadster it could have been a 1 tonne block of steel, it would not change one thing. But you still manage to give a negative spin to it.

I've been eyeing the Kona too of course. The Merc will be out of my price range. But I'd rather have a Model 3 than either, and I'm sure there will be many more 'gullible' people like me that prefer a Model 3 over them too.

In general: the more EV's get available, the better.
Except maybe for the Prius Prime. Once EVs become abundant people will wonder why they have to pay the same or more for a car that also has a gas engine, unless they really need the range and fast fillup. But then they'd probably buy a much cheaper pure gasser.
Couldn't agree less.
Granted, the first PRIuses were ugly as hell, not to mention the leafs.
However, the newer Nissan leaf looks almost like a normal car,while the $60+k model S, looks like a 1980s $6500 car with a $75 15" touchscreen monitor in it.
Hate the interior and exterior. And now the newer model 3 is a lot smaller than even the Nissan Versa.