Thread: Rocket-tabs
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 09:55 AM   #53 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 50.48 mpg (US)
Take a tire off the car, find a nice long open hill with nothing to damage or interfere with it, and release. Let the tire roll down to the bottom and come to a stop.

Repeat 100 times. Measure the distance the tire rolls and keep close track.

Add the tabs. Repeat the same test as above - do not push the tire - and measure the distances again. Post your findings.

This test removes every variable except the aerodynamic effects on the tire. Release from the same spot every time, going the same direction every time, and for the love of God use the same tire, before and after.

The point I'm trying to make is that you're making a pretty strong claim but providing no documentation - you say you've been testing for a couple of years, but where are the results of those tests? We only have your word and words, as they say, are cheap.

God help me I'm actually considering sending you my address. My use case is this: I commute about 25 miles each way, but during the day my wife uses the car for work-related errands. We do anywhere from 60-150 miles per day. I hypermile but she doesn't, not in any way.

Were I to try your product, I would be bluntly honest about the vehicle's performance. There is such variability in how the vehicle is used that there is NO way to concretely attribute any gains or losses in fuel economy to any one factor. So even if my mileage suddenly jumped 100% - in my wildest fantasies - I still wouldn't give RocketTabs much credit. In such an uncontrolled setting, any factor or combination of factors could be the cause, up to and including offsetting or compounding whatever deleterious or advantageous effect the RocketTabs might be having, if indeed they have any effect at all.

So after mulling it over a bit more, I have come back to my original stance. Not giving you my address, not putting them on my car. In short, not buying it. Not even for free.

Sorry.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to elhigh For This Useful Post:
samwichse (09-19-2018)