View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 09:44 PM   #2797 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Do religion make people nicer???
I don't think so...
I think this is the hoax efficenter...

Most religious people don't follow what they preach.
I live in a catholic country (mostly, despite evangelic be rizing), and catholic it's suposed to be more conservative in moral values about marriage, relation, intimancy etc.. For example the Pope still says that sex it's just for reproduction and nothing more.
But in practical terms it's the oposite. Someone reserved and introspective, like me, suffer with people who think man are obain to always prove virility otherwise can be labbeled as gay or something like that and be defamated and slandered.
For other side, a cretin who do a lot of things the Pope reprove, or things that even ethics reproves, like to lie, to be unfair, to cheat (with money or personal relations), be a cre-tin with others, these people have not much problems as long thei keep the game of prove virility and think like most people.
Brazil have the largest catholic population in the world, but have the largest total number of homicide in the world.

It's a insane culture with insane values, complete contraditory and full of hypocrisy. And if youy says you are a atheist people will think bad of you, even if you are honest and righteost person, while a scun--bag who talks about God/Jesus is well saw.

The purpose of religion would be scare or keep under controll people that only respects what they fear. But I don't think it trully works even so. Police it's what works, with punishment, and moral values education since early age. Get ride of all police forces and army and see if God/Jesus controll those people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I have also seen people ask "What if religion is a big hoax and we are nice people for nothing?"

Last edited by All Darc; 09-08-2018 at 09:58 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-12-2018)