View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
I'll agree with your title and with what you have said ... Halfway hypermiling = half way results.

This isn't the miracle pill everybody expects. No jump in your car and tell it to hypermile and get 50+mpg. If you already admitted to not being committed to the task then at least your making progress.

I am sure once you decide that cutting your dependence on oil is necessary for you for any reason, you will make the effort to drive smarter and then see the results others are getting.

As an example, the only thing my brother is willing to do in his F-250 diesel 4x4 is slow down and coast. His original mpgs were 8-10mpg. He now calls me with every tankful giggling that he gets 15-17mpg. Doesn't sound like much but in a diesel its a big deal, but that is as far as he can commit to right now and is happy with the results.

So understand that it is work, much of it is in your head, but once you make the commitment it will pay you back.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???