Thread: Wind turbines
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #75 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
About $8,000 or 4 volt packs depending on your definition of new. Couldn't drive it because the batteries weigh more than the STATED load capacity, BUT.....
I guess I'd list the 4 Volt packs as 'recycled' since they would come out of wrecks instead of off-the-shelf ...

My tentative plan has been to put an AC motor and controller under the hood, saving not very much weight from the V6. Driving a simplified transmission ... I hear powerglides are sometimes used for this task ... driving the original drive shafts, And putting most of the pack beneath the bed, where the truck is designed to haul loads. A bit of battery weight would be put as low as possible under the hood to top up the weight on the front axles to original.

DC/DC converter, charger, etc should not be enough weight to make a difference where they fit.

The whole dash is CANbus anyway. Re-tasking it to show what I need would require some re-labeling. It will take time.

Overall, mods to the frame will be required. I'm not good enough at mechanical stuff to design battery racks that can use ONLY existing holes and brackets. Since mods are required, getting it certified for on-road use will take some effort. SIGH!

But I my get there eventually.