View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 01:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rosieuk
EcoModding Lurker

1. Go to YouTube
2. Find John Cadogans channel on said & watch every thing on electric/hydrogen/tesla etc
3. Realise that a Wolseley 18/85 II or for that matter a Triumph GT6 is cleaner (over its lifetime (including manufacturing) than a Tesla Muskkretinwagen Ausf. C).
4. Go find your grandpa's old Moisin-Nagant and give it a good clean.
5. Have fun with your mates in a "Pot the Teslidiot" competition.
6. Sell the concept to an American hunting club.
7. Profit.

All electric cars do is move the pollution around - yes if everyone on your street is a teslidiot then your street will be less polluted *locally* - the collective pollution will be the same (or likely worse). Then you've got build out the supporting architecture and replace flaky electrical systems in most older homes - more pollution and CO2 to build the new charging stations, upgrade older wiring and build out more (probably polluting) generation..

Don't get me started on Hydrogen.

Or you *could* use the solar catalytic tech that can make petroleum fuels from solar energy and the CO2 and other pollutants in the air - while using the current distribution network (for liquid fuels) that we already have (saving oodles of that nasty CO2, not to mention money (what you didn't know that concrete *produces* CO2 as it cures & for years afterwards)). Hell you could go the whole hog and force manufacturers to build upgrade kits for current models or a set architecture for engines transmissions (like ISA/EISA/FSB in computing) so you can mix and match a cleaner replacement into your current car.

Aluminium bodywork? Don't make me laugh. It takes 211Gj to melt a tonne of aluminium, it takes 22.7Gj to melt a tonne of steel. Yes you'll do a few more mpg, woo-bloody-hoo.

Singapore government actually took someone to court because he claimed that the sun shone out of his tesla's ass, and promptly proved that because Singaporean energy generation was *all* coal fired the Muskkretinwagen was actually the most polluting vehicle in the country (even making a Hindustan Ambassador diesel look positively green (and I'm talking the original 1.5 litre B Series, not the Isuzu transplant)).

I love it when a plan comes together..

Last edited by Rosieuk; 09-17-2018 at 01:36 PM..