View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #2955 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Uhhn, almost like I imagined.
These Insolight guys will need to get better and lower cost opticals, and Chinese workmanship, and wait a bit until multi junction get somewhat cheaper (a new manufacturer technic using vapor deposition promisse lower cost in few years) to their concentrator get some sense on market.

Their optical system do not really replace tracking. The panel in a low angle to the sun get a smaller area of sun's cross section, since the sun light get more spreeded in a larger area (of the panel in low angle) than the area of the sun's cross section light. The photons get more spaced over panel's surface area.
The system helps a lot I bet, but not as much as a real tracking system. Do you agree ?

You ecomodder crew should start a school for investors, a science school. Or adviser...

I guess how many people are wise with money but not strong in science, and get fooled but many hoax of start-ups.

Do you remamber about a guy who collect a lot of money to start a company named Soylent ?

He used to say he found a cure to worldwide hungry, using aminoacids and carbohydrated and vitamins in powder, and some minerals, to produce a powder food that require just water, creating a kind of milk with all nutrients body needs.
But the idiot just mixed whey protein (from milk), Maltodextrin (from corn), and synthetic vitamins, and addedsome minerals.
He spoke like these proteins and carbohydrates come just from lab, with no need of farm or cow. And many people believed hin, sent money... In one picture of the webpage he was smilling similar to Steve Jobs look, even hair cut making hin look like Steve in early Apple days, and this got many dumb investors, I bet it got.

Last edited by All Darc; 09-21-2018 at 01:20 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-22-2018)