View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbiteses View Post
Ecky Tell me which of you are the best riders of Honda FIT/JAZZ or Honda Insight? Without asking about combustion. Only about the dynamics of the car, how it keeps on the road above 200 km/h (125 mph), or tilts strongly when cornering?
The Insight's handling isn't great when stock. It rolls a lot in corners, and seems to lose grip over bumps. The factory tires have lousy handling, to get great economy. However, I've put in stiffened rear springs and removed weight from the rear, and it helps a ton. With sticky tires, the handling is not refined at all, but precise, quick and confident. The car has very little body roll. Some have suggested a small rear roll bar can improve things further. I think with some work it can have excellent handling, but aftermarket options are limited.

The Fit handles very well in stock form. I haven't modified it at all, but the car has little body roll, hugs corners, and rides better than the Insight in its stock configuration.

I'd say it's hard to compare the two because the Fit's seating position is so much higher. It rides high and upright like a crossover, while the Insight rides very low, more like a sports car seating position.