View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 11:44 AM   #3002 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
Hagens

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
So you are reading The Long Emergency but seem to have been dismissing the Nate Hagens Blindspot lecture and most of what I have been saying. I am hopeful that more people can wake to the coming changes that energy and resource depletion will force on us in the next 20-30 years and work to raise awareness.
I haven't finished 'Long',so I'll refrain from comment on that until I've made it through.Like so many titles,by the time Kuntsler does the research,does the manuscript, editing,proofing,and publishing,the information is already obsolete.A lot has happened since it's publishing.
I did watch Hagen's 'Blindspot' lecture in it's entirety.I came away feeling like there's some things Nate doesn't know he doesn't know,and things he shares are contextual,without expressing so.Which leaves the audience at a disadvantage.
I'm also auditing the Great Courses', by Columbia University, DVD lecture series' Physics of History,and have found at least one,what I believe to be,a climate change comment mistake by Dr.Helfand.