View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 03:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
dougfromdenver
EcoModding Lurker

I have to Honda Insight hybrids.

The first is a 2001 with has right around 61,000 original I'm keeping this one.

The other Honda inside is it 2005, which I ran over curb in a parking lot.

Before understanding the damage to the frame of my 2005, I drove it for about 4 months without realizing the extent of damage to the frame. That's when I more fully investigated the condition of the frame and the damage. I learned that there would be extensive cost if I repair aluminum frame. There is another repair alternative that was recommended to me by a dedicated Honda Insight forum. But now that I own my 2001, with only 61000 miles, and a Honda battery that's only five or six years old.

By the way, I was able to obtain a replacement battery for my Honda Insight for closer to $1,500.

Whoever buys my damaged frame Honda will be given the option of buying with a brand new battery installed, or as is. However, anyone who buys that vehicle intent on just driving it will be driving a vehicle that could pose some degree of danger if in a front-end collision.

I also would highly recommend that anyone buying a used Insight know as much as possible before jumping into a deal on a high mileage that -- as a 2000 model -- is almost 29 years old. Add to this the reality that does not drive, and cannot be road tested, makes even a $1,000 price look VERY unreasonable to me.

There have been transmission issues with the manual transmission that must be evaluated before buying any manual Insight.