View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #3028 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taredog View Post
This thread has been around for a few years. Three actually. I am not going to read it all as it is just the usual people stating the usual things using the usual “proof”
As far as electrical power is concerned, as long as people want to charge their devices there will be a need for power. Electric vehicles that claim “ZEV” are only moving the carbon footprint elsewhere.
Coal is dead, it may come back some day when people need to charge their devices.
Hydro still exists but it is killing the fishies. In the southwest US we are also running out of water for hydro electric generation. Look at the water levels in Lake Mead and Lake Powell. That is OK when people need to charge their devices.
Nuclear is OK but we are creating an enormous amount of radioactive waste that needs to be disposed of “somewhere”. That is OK when people need to charge their devices.
Solar and Wind are OK but very peaky and not always available when needed. Nuclear, coal and natural gas power plants may be needed to fill the need for power. That is OK when people need to charge their devices.
I do not doubt that the climate is changing. I have been around a while and remember when expert climate scientists proclaimed we were all going to freeze to death soon.
Attachment 24934

Maybe we tried too hard back then and caused global climate change to go the other way?
Enjoy your discussions. When one of you comes up with the solution let us all know. In the interim, that is OK when people need to charge their devices.
The old Time magazine cover is not real. It was faked. So, that is not science.

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-03-2018)